top of page


Secure your rights as the biological and legal father of the minor child by Establishing Paternity when the child is born out of wedlock.  This is done by filing an action in civil court. If Paternity is disputed then a DNA test will be required. The Court will order the rights of the father in the final order together with the amount of child support owed, health insurance costs, day care expenses, a parenting plan which includes time-sharing, and the decision-making authority over the minor child.  An order is required to have an action for enforcement if the terms of the order are not being honored. Even if the father is listed on the birth certificate, the father would need to file a Petition to Establish Paternity to secure an order protecting his rights as it pertains to the minor child.

Schedule your free telephone consultation with Attorney Maria J. Patullo to discuss your case and to learn your options. Call today (561) 252-2270

bottom of page